Sydney ranks among the world’s most-visited cities and you’ll know the reason for it the moment you arrive in this Australian city for your holidays. It is explored by millions of tourists every year, who come from different corners of the globe to experience its fantastic offerings. You’d admire the city’s beauty even as your flight prepares to land at the Sydney Airport. If you’ve booked any of the holiday packages to this city, you’ll get to explore its world-famous attractions:
1. Sydney Opera House: A globally-renowned icon, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is located on the attractive harbour of this city and is shaped like large sails. Your Sydney holiday packages would allow you to take some excellent snaps, unwind in one of the restaurants, and stroll around in its surroundings. Upon booking a guided walking tour, you’ll get to learn more about the history of this majestic building.
2. Queen Victoria Building: This Romanesque-style building was built as a market hall in the late 19th century and is linked with the Town Hall Station. It has a high central dome surrounded by 20 small domes and over 200 elegant shops lined up in its galleries. Decades ago, this building had fallen into a state of neglect and was restored to its original state in the late twentieth century.
3. Sydney Harbour Bridge: Fondly called ‘Coathanger’ by the locals, this bridge was the city’s popular landmark before the construction of Opera House. It was built in the year 1932 and is supported by large piers at both ends. During your Sydney holidays, you can take a stroll across this bridge on the walkways or visit the museum located at the south-eastern pier.
4. Royal Botanic Gardens: In the midst of the hustle-bustle of Sydney, you’ll find this gorgeous botanic gardens complete with orchids, tall trees, ferns, and palm groves. Royal Botanic Gardens also has the Rare and Threatened Plants Garden and the Palace Rose Garden, which features over 1,500 roses. You can spend some peaceful moments at the cafe or restaurants nearby or enjoy some beautiful views of the harbour with a hillside picnic after exploring the gardens.
5. Sydney Tower: The tallest building in the city and one of its well-known landmarks, this tower is about 309 metres high and has express lifts to take its visitors to the observation deck. You can also enjoy panoramic views of the city and its surroundings from a glass-floor viewing platform known as Skywalk. Your Sydney all inclusive holidays would also allow you to explore the other offerings of this tower, such as revolving restaurants, a cafe, and a 4D cinema that gives an overview of Sydney’s major attractions.
6. Taronga Zoo: If you wish to have some close encounters with wild animals while in Sydney, this would be an ideal place. Located near the north side of the harbour, it comprises of Lemur Adventure Park, Seal Show, and Koala Encounter. You can reach this zoo using the buses departing from Wynyard. The zoo also offers overnight zoo stays during one of its events known as ‘Roar and Snore’.