A pitch deck is a brief presentation module, often created using PowerPoint, Keynote, or Prezi, used for the professional quality in the work while providing a quick overview of your business plan or any another potential work lances. Startups frequently prepare a “pitch deck” to present their company to venture capital investors. Pitch deck is nothing but the power point presentation of 15 to 20 slides.
How to create a pitch deck for investors?
Too many startups make a number of escapable mistakes when creating their investor pitch decks. Here is a list of primarily do’s and don’ts needs to keep in mind:
Do Copyright (c) by [Name of Company] and All Rights Reserved, Should be there at the bottom end of the pitch deck presentation.
Do include visually interesting graphics and images and convince the viewer why the market opportunity is large.
Do send the pitch deck in a PDF format to prospective investors in advance of a meeting. And plan to have a demo of your product as part of the in-person presentation.
Do tell them a memorable and interesting story that shows your passion for the business and show that you have more than just an idea for developing the product and getting customers.
Do use the same font size, color, and header title style throughout the slides.
Don’t make the pitch deck more than 15-20 slides long and lengthy with wordy slides.
Don’t use a lot of jargon or acronyms that the investor may not immediately understand.
Don’t have your pitch deck look out of date. That is why I avoid putting a date on the cover page at all.
Don’t have a poor layout, bad graphics, or a low-quality “look and feel.” Think about hiring a graphic designer to give your pitch desk a more professional look.
For building a pitch deck should have the following slides:-
1. Company Overview: Your company overview page should grab the reader and convince them that your company has the opportunity to grow big.
2. Mission/Vision of the Company: The “vision” can be the goal you think you could become.
3. The Team: Many investors believe that a company’s team is the most important determinant of whether or not to in
4. The Market Opportunity: Investors want to invest in big opportunities with large addressable markets.
• Define the market you are in.
• Set forth the dollar market size.
5. The Product: You must clearly articulate what your company’s product or service consists of and why it is unique.
• What are the key features of the product?
• Why do users care about the product?
6. The Customers: “Customers” slide can be powerful and add credibility
7. The Technology: Investors will be particularly interested in your underlying technology
• The basic technology backbone.
• Why it will be difficult for a competitor to replicate the technology.
8. The Competition: Who are the company’s competitors?
What gives your company a competitive advantage?
What are the key differentiating features from your competitors?
9. Traction: A company that has obtained early traction in some way will be viewed positively.
• How can the early traction be accelerated?
• Press and accolades
10. Business Model: The investors will want to understand your business model. So this slide can address key issues like
11. The Marketing Plan: No matter how good your product is, you will need to have a good marketing plan to get customers or users.
The five golden tips while presenting the best startup pitch deck:-
The prime object of pitching is getting an appointment to discuss your business plan, not the funding
1. Your gesture, posture and eye contact should be in line with your pitch
2. While presenting analyze the level of interest of investment in your business idea.
Share only public version of financial and trade secrets
3. Never miss an opportunity to show your demo
For more information about best investor pitch deck contact us.